A few things I’ve realized this week:
- I was asleep on my couch at 8:30 on my Friday night.
- My thighs are now rubbing together more than ever.
- My feet could use a pregnancy pedicure.
- I’ve started the same load of laundry 3 times this week.
- Growing a little human makes me hungry 99.9% of the day.
- I have about 4 outfits that currently fit me and the rest of my wardrobe is on the closet floor, because why do anything with it if it doesn’t fit?
- Climbing up my stairs literally feels like I’m conquering Mount Everest.
- Trying to sit up is now a two man job.
- I just added my 4th half drank water bottle to my night stand.
- Growing a sweet little human is still pretty darn amazing.
But, the most delicious thing I’ve realized all week is that warm peaches make the world go round! Now, I know peaches are supposed to be a healthy fruit, but why not throw some brown sugar, oats and butter on them, bake them and serve them up with vanilla ice cream? The warm peach and the cold ice cream just makes me hungry thinking about it. Oh wait, I was probably already hungry.
I love making this little personal sized peach cobbler for my husband and I! It just makes my house feel warm and cozy! Even better, since it is at least somewhat fruity I don’t feel as guilty eating it. When I pair it with frozen yogurt I might as well call it a zero calorie dessert!
This dessert is great to make for one or even for a small group of people! It’s so easy to make and I usually have everything on hand in my cabinets to whip it up. The best part of making this dessert is putting the crumble together. I have a weird obsession with combining cold butter with flour, oats and sugar to make a yummy crust like substance. You’ll see when you make it, it just feels like a homemaker thing to do!
Okay, enough with my weird obsessions and random realizations, on to the recipe!
1-2 ripe peaches (depending on how many you’re baking for, if you use two you will still get plenty of crumble!)
1/4 cup flour
1/4 cup brown sugar
4 tablespoons old fashion oats
1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
A pinch of salt
2 tablespoons cold butter
Directions to deliciousness:
Heat your oven to 350 degrees
Slice your peaches in half and remove the pit. Where the pit was, scrape off the remaining and make that hole a little bigger so you can stuff it with extra topping.
Mix together flour, brown sugar, oats, cinnamon and salt.
Add in two tablespoons of butter and with your fingers or a fork break up the butter into the mixture. (Don’t you feel like a real homemaker doing this?)
Place your peaches in a cast iron skillet or baking dish and load them up with the crumble.
Bake for 20 minutes or until golden and serve immediately with vanilla ice cream or frozen yogurt.
If you want to serve this to more than one or two people just double up the crumble recipe.
Don’t forget to leave me a comment if you make these warm delicious peaches.
Dang, now I’m hungry again.