These past few weeks have flown by, and unfortunately I haven’t been able to blog, but I’ve missed it so much! I’ve had some busy weeks with work and preparing for baby! I wanted to share a few updates and a few things I’ve done on my 3 week disappearance.
I’m currently 39 weeks and 4 days pregnant. The doctor tells me that this sweet baby could be coming at any time! Our hospital bags our packed, her room is ready, and her take home outfit is all picked out. I think we have all the emotions going on as this time approaches. We are excited and nervous at the same time, but trusting God to give us the grace we need in parenting. We can’t wait to see her! And I couldn’t resist buying her this outfit and jewelry box.
My sweet husband and I went on a baby-moon to San Diego and I’ve been day dreaming of it ever since. We had the best time, but we have fun anywhere we are together! I call San Diego my “happy place”, but while we were there I realized calling San Diego my happy place wasn’t right. Any time I’m with Jake is my happy place! But, with that said, we had an amazing time! We saw the seals in La Jolla, watched the sunset on Coronado Island, stayed in the best hotel with an amazing view, ate the best fish-and-chips and walked about 20 miles in 2 days! It was the perfect trip leading up to our baby.
Since my blogging break, football has started, and every Sunday I make sure my husband has a football breakfast for the game. Here is a recipe for these amazing cinnamon rolls I made, and with fall here they really make everything better!
- 2 and 3/4 cups all purpose flour
- 3 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 package instant yeast (2 and 1/4 teaspoon)
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/4 cup milk
- 2 1/2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 large egg
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 3 cups powdered sugar
- 1 stick butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/4 cup milk (Drizzle in slowly until you have consistency you like, may not use all)
- Make the dough: Set aside 1/2 cup of flour. In a bowl mix together 2 and 1/4 cups flour, the sugar and yeast until evenly mixed. Set aside.
- Heat the water, milk and butter in the microwave until butter is melted. Stir butter mixture into flour mixture. Add the egg and only enough of reserved flour to make the dough soft.
- On a floured surface, knead the dough for 3-4 minutes or use a dough attachment.
- Place in a lightly greased bowl and sit for 10 minutes.
- After 10 minutes, roll dough in a 14×8 rectangle. Spread softened butter on top. Mix together cinnamon and sugar and sprinkle on dough.
- Roll dough and cut into 12 pieces.
- Please in a pie dish and cover with foil for 60-90 minutes to rise (I like to heat the oven to 200 degrees and turn off and place inside to rise)
- Heat oven to 375 degrees once rolls have doubled in size.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes. Cover with foil after 15 minutes of baking so they don’t brown.
Make the frosting:
- Put sugar and butter into mixture and mix. Add vanilla. Drizzle in milk until it is the consistency you like. Frosting can be tricky!
- Add a pinch of salt!
- Lather on warm cinnamon rolls and enjoy!
Over the past few weeks I’ve had a verse that I really needed to cling to. Things are changing around here in the best way possible, work has been so busy getting ready to go on leave, I’ve been so tired carrying around a baby, and then even faced with some family sickness. I stumbled across this verse and it hasn’t left my mind ever since.
Ephesians 3:20-” Now to him who is able to do immeasurably more than all we ask or imagine, according to his power that is at work within us.”
I’ve seen this verse be so present in these past few weeks. If you’re facing something and feeling overwhelmed, remember to pray big prayers because Jesus will go above and beyond what we ask of him. He knows our hearts, our struggles, and our worries. He wants to do more than we ask of Him if we will trust Him and let Him!
Next time we talk I’m pretty sure I’ll be rocking a sweet baby girl!