Starting out the week on the right foot is so important, but can often be hard to do. I would be lying if I told you every week is organized with all the laundry done and all the meals planned and prepped. But, I can’t say I don’t try! Last night my family and I got home pretty late from a quick weekend getaway and by the time we unloaded the car, ate dinner and got the baby ready for bed, our evening was over and I had no time to prep for the week. When I woke up this morning I felt the stress of it. I had nothing for breakfast, I had no lunches planned, the diaper bag wasn’t packed and my glasses were somewhere around the house so trying to get ready without my vision was quite the challenge. Now, when life is normal and I have a few hours of time to prep over the weekend, my Monday morning is able to look a lot different. Having an organized Monday, I’m able to have a better outlook on my week as well as make healthier choices for myself.
Follow along with my 5 day series on how to have a content week! Each day I will post one way to have a content week and by this coming weekend hopefully you can put them in place for your upcoming week!
Day one to a content week:
Meal prep for breakfast and lunch
Sometimes meal prep can sound like a huge challenge, but once you get the hang of it you can have it done in no time! When I meal prep, I’m able to make healthier choices all throughout my day instead of running out the door with no breakfast and rummaging through the work room to find chocolate. I can grab my already prepped items and be out the door!
Here’s a few of my favorites:
- Hard boiled eggs: They are so easy to do. Throw them in some cold water, get them boiling, then let them simmer while you start to prep something else. They’re easy to grab on your way out and a great protein.
- Fresh fruit and raw almonds: Have some fresh apples or bananas on hand for your mid-morning snack. It’s a great way to avoid reaching for the bad sugars. I like to add some raw almonds or whichever kind of nut you may like for a little healthy fat. I am currently obsessed with the EMERALD 100 Calorie Packs, that way I know my portion of almonds.
- Freezer breakfast sandwiches: I love to make breakfast, but not everyday when we’re all headed out the door and I don’t have time to do the dishes. So these freezer sandwiches are great for the morning rush. Here is what you need:
- English muffins (I like to go with whole wheat or even Ezekiel English Muffins )
- 3 large eggs
- 1 tablespoon water
- Turkey sausage patties (I like to buy the ground turkey sausage and cook up my own patties)
- Cheese (if you prefer)
Heat skillet over medium high. Mix together eggs and water until combined. Add egg to pan until it covers the bottom of your small skillet, let it cook then flip to other side for 20 seconds. When done assemble sandwich by placing egg, cooked turkey saugage pattie and cheese to your English muffin. Wrap in foil and place in freezer bag. When your ready for one just pop it in the microwave for a minute and your good to go!
- Grilled chicken breast: Having these on hand will make your lunches healthy and easy as well. All your need to do is slice your chicken breast in half, give it some salt and pepper and throw it on the grill. Individually wrap them up and put them in the freezer to grab and have with veggies or salads for lunch!
- Roasted veggies: These are my favorite and you can do it with any veggie you have in the fridge. Sweet potato, asparagus, zucchini, sliced bell peppers, carrots, brussel sprouts, green beans, or whatever you prefer! Just cut them up and add them to a baking sheet with a tablespoon or two of olive oil and a little salt and pepper. Roast them at 400 until done! Once they’re done, store them in a container so you can easily make up a meal!
I hope these tips come in handy for your day and you can be prepared with healthy options for the day! Just remember, while the eggs boil, prep your chicken. While your chicken cooks, prep your veggies. While your veggies cook, prep your sandwiches. You’ll be done in no time! Comment and let me know what your favorite way to meal prep is and a few of your favorite things to make! See you tomorrow!